Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

After a nutty December of grading research papers, submitting final grades, and packing for our trip home, I didn't even send out Christmas cards. So, this is my Christmas card to you, loved ones.

Bryan, Fiona, and I are well and happy. We celebrated Fiona's birthday early this year at Chuck E. Cheese's in Portland, since Daddy wouldn't be with us on Fiona's actual birthday. We had a great time, and Fiona seemed to enjoy the rides. Just between you and me, though, the trip was more for Bryan than Fiona, since he looks longingly at Chuck E. Cheese's every time we pass the building in Beaverton. He's done so for the past 6 years. Lucky for him he can use his child as an excuse to go play video games now.

Fall came and went with break-neck speed. It seemed the school term had just begun when I had to turn around and submit final grades. I'm preparing to teach the next composition class in the "series" of English comp. classes next term, and have been spending part of my Christmas vacation working on a syllabus, lesson plans, and devising cruel and unusal punishment - ahem - I mean interesting, thought-provoking assignments for my students.

Fiona is lapping up all the attention she's received so far from grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. We brought her to meet Santa at the mall yesterday, and as predicted, she screamed as soon as I set her on his lap. Somehow between the cries of terror, the photographer was able to sneak a tearless photo. And since I never got Christmas cards out this year, some of you will be receiving the aforementioned photo.

Bryan is plugging away at work, and enjoys his new boss who is very encouraging, and has provided a lot of opportunities for Bryan in the last few months. This is a big answer to prayer.

Honestly, God has blessed us in amazing ways this year. He is always providing for us in big and small ways. And, of course, he gave us our precious little pixie this time last year. Watching her grow and develop such a sweet personality has brought us more joy than we ever thought possible.

We hope you and yours have a safe, peaceful, and very merry Christmas, and that God brings you loads of joy, as well.

No comments: