Monday, April 6, 2009

Hello. It's been a long time. The month of March came and went, and I have no idea how that happened. It was a very busy month for the Bustamante clan. I submitted the final touches on my online writing class to the dean of the writing department at the beginning of March after five months of laboring over it. Because Fiona came a month early, my plans to have it finished by January 14 (Fiona's due date) were scrapped. Instead, I worked on it between changing diapers, nursing, changing spit-up soaked shirts, and holding my infant daughter. Alas, the dean gave her stamp of approval, and I was able to relax for a month.

We also spent a couple weeks in New Mexico visiting family and friends during March. Fiona and I flew down 4 days before Bryan, and Fiona did phenomenally well on the plane, much to my relief. My mommy radar found another new mommy with her four month-old baby standing on line to board the plane to NM. Luckily, that new mommy was friendly, and saved a whole row at the back of the plane for us. Fiona fell asleep soon after take off, and didn't wake up until we landed. Thank you, Jesus!

Our visit was loads of fun, and we were able to spend some decent time with both families. Bryan and I even got in touch with some old friends from elementary and high school while we were in town. The highlight of the trip was Fiona's dedication at my old church, Calvary Chapel. Bryan was nervous to speak in front of the congregation of several thousands, but did an awesome job, wrapping up our hopes for our baby and her relationship with Jesus. Pastor Skip then dedicated our baby. We were thrilled that so many of our friends and family were able to attend.

Grandma Dale afterward hosted a delicious lunch with all our New Mexican favorites.

We definitely miss everyone and wish we could bring all of you to Portland with us. We don't know when our next trip will be to NM, but hope it will be sooner rather than later. And we always love visitors!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything went well! Just look at her pictures from this post and your last one... she's getting so big!