Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The latest

I have to share all the fun things my child is doing these past few weeks.

Little Missy seems to change more every day, and I get such a kick out of watching her discover the world. A few weeks ago, she discovered her hands and arms belong to her. Two weeks ago, she began attempting to reach for objects close by. Last week, she began to handle and examine the objects. This week, the objects are going into her mouth!

Over the past couple weeks, Fiona has also discovered her legs. Now they move non-stop, especially in the wee hours of the morning when she's sleeping with Mom and Dad. We're often awakened by sharp jabs in the ribs by her little knees and feet. She pumps her legs even in her sleep sometimes.

My favorite development, however, is her awakening sense of humor. Since last week, naps and bedtime have been quite challenging. I'm testing different methods of getting Fiona to fall asleep, and looking to develop a routine. At naptime, I find that patting her tummy while she drifts off in her co-sleeper, works well at naptime. But lately, when silly Mommy thinks Fiona is actually sleepy, she flashes me a big grin with her binky still in her mouth, and giggles as if to say "I fooled you! I'm only pretending to be sleepy." How can a Mommy's heart not melt?

Fiona just turned four months old on April 17. Her 4 month appt. is in a couple weeks. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Mara said...

Totally adorable, I remember when Nik found hand to mouth coordination, stuff going into the mouth is still a favorite activity.