Thursday, July 2, 2009

June










































































































Lads and Lassies,

June was a wildly busy month, thus, no recent blog updates. Finally, Fiona's taking a nap lasting longer than 45 minutes, so I thought I'd catch up on catching you up.

All's well in our neck of the woods. We enjoyed a visit by Grandma Dale early in the month. In fact, she was a Godsend during my last week of the school term, and she took great care of Fiona while I graded papers and submitted final grades.

Fiona took to her Grandma in no time flat, and gave Grandma some of the best belly laughs yet. She won't even laugh for her own mom and dad that way! We're a little jealous... Grandma swears Fiona is a genius and understands much more than other 6 month olds. Not that she's the least bit partial.... :)

After a week's break, I began teaching on campus two evenings a week. So far, so good. I was a little nervous to leave Fiona all alone with Daddy on the nights I go to class. I wasn't sure if I'd come back to my baby sporting a tattoo or nose ring. But Daddy and Baby are getting along brilliantly. In fact, Fiona's eyes brighten when Daddy comes home, as she knows "this guy's fun!"

Fiona is developing at lightening speed, and we're enjoying all her new "tricks." She's extremely close to rolling over from her back to her front, which is interesting as most babies begin rolling from their front to their back first. Not our little prodigy! She's also becoming interested in sitting up, although she still topples sideways when left alone for more than a few seconds.

She's beginning to use her consonants, and I'm hearing a lot of "ba, ba, ba, ba" these days. She began eating rice cereal at 5 1/2 months when Mama's milk was just not cutting it anymore. Now she's regularly eating sweet potatoes, prunes, rice cereal, and squash. Avocados were not her favorite when they were first introduced, but we're going to try them again soon. Grabbing her feet and rolling from side to side on the floor is her favorite pastime, and she's close to being able to sit up on her own. As you can see, it's been a busy month or so!

Fiona attended her first sports event this past weekend to celebrate a late Father's Day. We watched the Portland Timbers beat Montreal in soccer. Since Daddy has already decided Fiona is going to be his little soccer protégée, he figured we should introduce her to the sport early. She was awestruck by the colors, sounds, and crazy fans, and did amazingly well. Success!

Here are some photos to catch you up. We love you and miss you all.

2 comments:

Mara said...

Daddy might be making her a soccer fan but your making her an Irish one, so does this mean she will play for an Irish Soccer team?

Unknown said...

hehe- love the group shot- they're all looking every which way! Oh well :o) We must "play date" coffee again soon!