St. Paddy's Day week was quite eventful this year. On the actual day, Bryan and I were lucky enough to enjoy a child-free Paddy's Day with friends downtown. The music, pipers, and Irish dancing were delightful. A couple days later, we brought Fiona to Kell's Irish festival to watch some Irish step dancing and listen to a live band.
I had a feeling Fiona would be into both since music and dance appear to be in her blood. She's also shown an interest lately in Irish step dancing, so she was excited when we told her we were going to watch "real" dancers. It turns out "excited" was an understatement. As soon as we entered the festival tent, she made a bee line toward the dance floor, where she impatiently waited for the dancers to take the stage. Luckily, we didn't have to wait long before the performance commenced. I had to literally hold onto her because she was ready to jump on the stage and join the dancers. She asked over and over "Can I do it? Can I do it?" I finally made a deal with her that after the dancers' turn, it would be her turn. As the pictures reveal, she made the most of her turn on the dance floor!
1 comment:
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Fiona looks like she is having a blast.
Post a Comment